Martial Arts Lessons & Fitness Kickboxing & Muay Thai Kickboxing
Warning, Waiver, Release of Liability and Agreement to Participate
This agreement and release must be signed by all participants and their parent(s) or guardian(s), if the participant is a minor (under 18), who wish to participate in this seminar.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any class provided by JSK 5.0 Montebello, I hereby:
- Agree that prior to participating, I will inspect the mat, equipment, facilities to be used, and if I believe anything is unsafe or beyond my capability, I will immediately advise my instructor or supervisor of such condition(s) and refuse to participate if the problem is not corrected.
- Acknowledge and fully understand that martial arts are a physical contact sport and that I will be engaging in activities that might result in serious injury, including permanent disability and death and severe social and economic loss due to my own actions, negligence of others, or conditions of the premises or any equipment used. Further, I acknowledge that there may be other risks not known to me or not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
- Assume all risks involved in the sport of martial arts and accept personal responsibility for the damages following such injury, permanent disability or death.
- Enter martial arts practice entirely of my own free will and understand the importance of following all direction given me by instructors and other officials.
- Certify that I am in good physical condition and have no disease, injury, or other condition that would impair my performance or physical and mental well-being in intense physical practice, training or competition.
- Grant permission in case of injury to have a doctor, nurse, athletic trainer or other medical emergency personnel provide me with medical assistance for such injury.
- Release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue Maurice Gomez, MG Martial Arts Academy, Jeff Speakman’s Kenpo 5.0, Gomez Martial Arts, individual instructors, promoters, other participating organizations, their affiliated clubs and schools, their respective administrations, directors, agents, instructors, and other employees or volunteers of the organization, event officials, medical personnel, other participants, their parent(s), guardian(s), supervisors, instructors, sponsoring agents, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and leasers of premises used to conduct the class or event, all which are hereinafter referred to as “releases,” from any and all claims, demands, losses, or damages on account of injury, including permanent disability and death or damages to property, caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the releases or otherwise.
- I/We the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of this minor have instructed or will instruct the minor participating to the above warning and conditions and their ramifications and I/We additionally confirm and agree to all of the above statements, conditions, waivers, and releases and consent to this minor’s participation.
- Grant Permission to be recorded on the premises video security cameras which may include both audio & video recordings.
- Grant permission for my photo to be taken or video of me participating in classes sessions to be used for social media content and/or promotions.
I/WE HAVE READ THE ABOVE WARNING, WAIVER, AND RELEASE, UNDERSTAND THAT I/WE GIVE
UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND KNOWING THIS, SIGN IT VOLUNTARILY AS WELL AS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT A RESPECTFUL ATTITUDE IS REQUIRED FOR ALL ACTIVITIES AND THAT SHOULD MR. GOMEZ DEEM MY BEHAVIOR UNACCEPTABLE, I WILL BE DISMISSED FROM CLASS.